MediaMinds at West Texas A&M University brought home 16 silver and bronze awards from the 37th annual Telly Awards. The Telly Awards highlight the very best in marketing, advertising and programs, and winners are selected from the more than 13,000 entries received from all 50 states and numerous countries. Winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators and corporate video departments in the world.
MediaMinds is a student organization in the College of Business that provides students enriched content creation and emerging media management experience. Digital production for the organization’s work is facilitated by the Ray Bain Media Room in the Classroom Center.
The 16 awards earned by the MediaMinds team were divided between nine individual videos for various clients. All of the videos can be found on the West Texas A&M College of Business YouTube page. The nine winning videos are listed with a brief description.
• “Beyond our Shores—Scandinavia” won two Telly awards in both a student category and the professional category of Travel and Tourism. The video showcased the educational advancement through a College of Business study-abroad experience.
• “WE ARE Enactus,” a winner in the recruitment category, highlighted the social good the organization does with the entrepreneurial opportunities provided by this global organization.
• “Legal & Lethal,” a documentary showcasing the realities of synthetic marijuana resulting I the passage of House Bill 1212 and letters of acknowledgment from Four Price, won three Telly Awards in Social Issue Marketing, Movie Trailers and the student category.
• “The Places That You’ll Go,” a music video shot for Daniel Sahad, won two Telly Awards for Music Video and Student Production.
• “The Right Way,” an Instagram short produced for ChopChop Japanese Steakhouse, won in the Promotional Branding category.
• “It’s Your Business, Online” is a video produced for the College of Business to promote the accessibility of its online programs in a global environment. It won a Telly Award in Promotional Branding.
• “BellaReta . . Let’s Go Hunting” is a commercial shot for an award-winning hunting excursion outfitter and also featured on the Outdoor Channel. It won an award in the Student category.
• “Everyone Needs Love” is a promotional video shot for Bona Terra, an adult day habilitation service for people with a variety of needs and abilities in Austin. It won in the Non-Profit category.
• “It’s Your Time: Basketball,” a video produced for the WTAMU men’s basketball team promoting the success of student athletes on and off the court. The video won three Telly Awards in three categories: University, Sports and Student.
“The Telly Awards has a mission to honor the very best in film and video,” Linda Day, executive director of the Telly Awards, said. “MediaMinds’ accomplishments illustrate their creativity, skill and dedication to their craft and serves as a testament to great marketing strategy and video production.”
Students involved in one or more of the MediaMinds winning production crews for 2016 are listed by hometown.
Emily Gross, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Alex Montoya, Master of Business Administration
Ashley Morgan, Master of Science in Finance & Economics
Dustin Ratheal, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Salvador Ruiz, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
T’Reya Vogler, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
Trevor Fleeman, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Carlos Aguirre, Master of Business Administration
Alfredo Pantoja, Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
Elliott Teller, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Garrett Pharr, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
David Lister, Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems
Enrique Mier, Master of Business Administration
Jonathan Delgado, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Collin Evans, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
For more information, contact Tawni Buhler at email@example.com or 806-651-8477.