CANYON, Texas—MediaMinds at West Texas A&M University brought home nine awards from the 38th annual Telly Awards, a competition that highlights the very best in marketing, advertising and programs. With more than 13,000 entries from all 50 states and numerous countries, winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators and corporate video departments in the world.
MediaMinds is a student organization in the College of Business that provides students content creation and emerging media management experience. Digital production for the videos is facilitated by the Ray Bain Media Room in the Classroom Center. The nine Telly awards earned by the team were divided between six individual videos. All of the videos can be found on the West Texas A&M College of Business YouTube page.
- This is your Time – football video, won two Telly awards in the student production and the sports categories. The video, produced for the WTAMU football team, promotes the success of student-athletes on and off the field.
- West Texas A&M University engineering program video, won two Telly awards in the university/college recruitment and student production categories.
- Bienvenidos video, winner in the university/college recruitment category, highlights the recruitment of Hispanic students at WTAMU.
- Amarillo Enterprise Challenge video, winner in the student production category, offers an overview of the Enterprise Challenge competition and how the program positively supports emerging entrepreneurs.
- Alaska Spine Institute (ASI) video, winner in the corporate promotional branding category, focuses on the 12 years of success for ASI for providing medical and therapy services.
- International student promotional video, winner in the student production and college/university branding categories, highlights the recruitment of international students at WTAMU.
MediaMinds also was the recipient of four Communicator Awards. The Communicator Awards are the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. The Communicator Awards receive more than 6,000 entries from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest awards of its kind in the world. The Communicator Awards is sanctioned and judged by the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts, an invitation-only group consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, communications, advertising, creative and marketing firms.
The four MediaMinds 2017 Communicator Awards were divided between two individual videos.
- This is your Time – football video, won a gold in the student production category and silver in the branding category.
- This is your Time – basketball video, won a gold in the student production category and silver in the branding category.
Students involved in one or more of the MediaMinds 2017 Telly or Communicator winning production crews are listed by hometown and major.
J. Roman Gray, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Salvador Ruiz, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Trevor Fleeman, Bachelor of Business Administration in CIS and Marketing
Emily Gallaway, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
Carlos Aguirre, Master of Business Administration
Elliott Teller, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Ethan Nguyen, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing