The Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business at West Texas A&M University recognized outstanding student and community leaders at its fourth annual COB Symposium in May 2017. In addition to the award recognition, the symposium included presentations by the CFA Research Challenge Team, Student-Managed Investment Fund portfolio manager, Media Minds and Enactus.
The following is the list of award winners:
Outstanding Business Graduate Awards
• BBA Accounting—Joel Klein from Amarillo
• BBA Economics—Jalyn Howell from Dickinson, Texa• BBA Finance, Taylor Hurt from Tulia
• BBA Computer Information Systems—Daniel Maratta from Dumas
• BBA Management—Lauren Britten from Amarillo
• BBA Marketing—Jeanette Martin from San Jose, Calif.
• BBA General Business—Matthew Brown from Amarillo
• Outstanding Undergraduate Business Student—Kelsey Pruett from Amarillo
• Outstanding Graduate Business Student—Madison Stanley from Haskell
• CPA Accounting Education Foundation Award—Lauren Crews from Boise City, Okla.
Student Organization Leadership Awards
• CFA Research Challenge—Stefan Schlabs from Hereford,
• Student-Managed Investment Fund—Niall Pratt from Ireland
• Student Government—Chandler Huddleston from Rolla, Kan.
• COB Student Advisory Board—Terio Bost from Lubbock
• Accounting & Finance Association—JJ Gutierrez from Dumas
• Economics Club—Jalee Blackwell from Rockwall
• Technology Club—Julian Biggers from Amarillo
• Carey Lyles Emerging Technology Award—Jonathan Jones from Amarillo
• BuffTeks—Jacqueline Snyder from Amarillo
• Society for Human Resource Management—Veronica Carrillo from Wheeler
• Association for Latino Professionals of America—Mitzy Ramirez from Muleshoe
• Go Team—Ashlyn Robinson from Amarillo
• American Marketing Association—Jeanette Martin from San Jose, Calif.
• Enactus—Heather Grebin from Rochester, Minn.
• Media Minds—Carlos Aguirre from Ecuador
• Ambassador Award—Smith Ellis with FirstBank Southwest
• Legacy Award—Hassan and Jill Dana
• Corporate Legacy Award—Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Horizon Alumnus Award—Brady Marr with eCapital Advisors
• Employer of the Year Award—Brown, Graham & Company, P.C.
College of Business community award winners from previous years include Alan Roberson (Ambassador), Myrt Wilder (Ambassador), Paul Engler (Ambassador), Don and Dorothy Patterson (Legacy), Dick Railsback (Legacy), William & Betty Semmelbeck (Legacy), First United Bank (Corporate Legacy), Amarillo National Bank (Corporate Legacy), Glazer’s (Corporate Legacy), Will Miller with FirstBank Southwest (Horizon), Silas Girgis with Merrill Lynch (Horizon), Luke Longhofer with First Financial Bank (Horizon), Happy State Bank (Employer), Bell Helicopter (Employer) and Computer Services, Inc. (Employer).