The Society for Human Resource Management has nearly 300,000 members and an international presence in over 165 countries. In addition, the organization offers several industry recognized professional certifications like the SHRM-CP (Certified Professional). It is important to note that, while SHRM membership is particularly beneficial for students who are interested in specializing HR, SHRM can benefit any student regardless of major.
During the Fall 2017 semester, WTAMU SHRM will have numerous meaningful opportunities and activities to include:
- Involvement opportunities for both in-person and online-only students.
- Inside information on specific industries and their employment processes such as interview information.
- The opportunity to enhance resumes to promote maximum effectiveness.
- A variety of career-related workshops.
- Eligibility for case study competitions.
- Valuable networking opportunities.
- Access to internships.
- Support and preparation for the SHRM-CP.
- Opportunities to serve the community.
In addition, WTAMU SHRM holds the annual Professional Clothing Closet Drive and Giveaway. During the month of October, SHRM will be collecting professional clothing donations to sort and categorize before the Professional Clothing Giveaway in the spring. The events allow all WTAMU to both donate and receive professional clothing for interviews and professional events that they may not otherwise be able to afford or to which they not otherwise have access. Last year, WTAMU SHRM served over 150 students and provided more than 550 clothing items to students.
Please contact Dr. Alison Berry, firstname.lastname@example.org, for clothing closet donations and case study competition, Dr. Rahul Chauhan, email@example.com, for internships and networking opportunities, and Dr. Jillian Yarbrough, firstname.lastname@example.org, for SHRM-CP preparation and community service opportunities.